The El Paso Art Association has spun off a new photography show from its annual juried “Arts International” show, which ceased to include photographs last year, due to lack of space. Joyce Ewald, EPAA office administrator saw a hole, and suggested a second show to the EPAA board, and thus “International Eye of the Camera” exhibit, which opens Friday, Nov 30 at the association’s Crossland Gallery, was born.
Organized by a five-member committee of photographers and juried by veteran El Paso Times photographer Rudy Gutierrez, the show includes 75 works by 28 area photographers. Commercial photographer Marty Snortum will judge the show and hand out awards. The show, which Ewald hopes will become an annual event, is on display until December 15.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015