Everyone knows The San Antonio Museum of Art has a great collection of Chinese ceramics, but over the past couple years they’ve been acquiring a respectable selection of new contemporary art: over the past couple of years accessions to the SAMA collection include Ivan Navarro‘s Pink Electric Chair, 2006 and Willie Cole’s How Do You Spell America #6, 1993, John Davis, White Out Painting 9, 2005, Ed Saavedra‘s Milk, 2009, and Chuck Ramirez’s Gregory (Piñata Series), 2003.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015