Houston Center for Contemporary Craft has added newly-minted University of Georgia grad Kathryn Hall to their staff as their new Curatorial Fellow. The three-year position that offers experience in curating and research. Kathryn will work with HCCC Curator, Anna Walker, and Curatorial Assistant, Ashley Powell, to develop exhibitions, conduct research, and install exhibitions. She received her Masters in Art History at UGA’s Lamar Dodd School of Art in Athens, Georgia, where, despite focusing on Late Renaissance and Baroque studies, her interests included a colloquium on Lady Gaga’s performance art and Takashi Murakmi’s invasion of Versailles.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015