Mega warehouse retailer Costco, known for it supersized packaging and low, low prices, is re-entering the art market after a two year hiatus. Apparently it’s going well: the fine art section of Costco’s online store lists a few dozen original prints by big names like Matisse and Roualt, and original schlock by unknowns, everything ranging in price from about $500-$1000, and everything’s out of stock!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015