Mega warehouse retailer Costco, known for it supersized packaging and low, low prices, is re-entering the art market after a two year hiatus. Apparently it’s going well: the fine art section of Costco’s online store lists a few dozen original prints by big names like Matisse and Roualt, and original schlock by unknowns, everything ranging in price from about $500-$1000, and everything’s out of stock!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015