Last night’s inaugural Glasstire Texas Auction raised over $100,000 for Glasstire and Texas artists! Net proceeds were reportedly 90% higher than the old, silent-auction-and-outrageous-but-expensive-party style gala. Over $26,000 of the artwork proceeds will be distributed back to Texas artists.
A crowd of supporters gathered at the Knoll Gallery at Pennzoil Place, nibbling canapes and absorbing champagne before settling down to a live auction gaveled by a valiant auctioneer Jessica Phifer of Christie’s, filling in for Sara Friedlander, who was stuck in New York dealing with the aftermath of hurricane Sandy.
Glasstire founder Rainey Knudson offered her “sincerest thanks to all who worked to make this event a success, and who supported it through underwriting, ticket purchases, or purchases of artwork. Our new event was a celebration of the art and artists of Texas, and we are so grateful to you all for your generous support.”
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015