Culturemap reports that Amarillo art patron Stanley Marsh 3 is the target of four lawsuits alleging that the 74 year old collector bought sex acts with a teenage boy in exchange for cash cars and drugs in 2010 and 2011. Marsh, known for sponsoring the Cadillac Ranch outside Amarillo, is alleged to have had “mentoring ” relationships with several young male artists over the years, resulting in charges of indecency with a child in 1996, which were dismissed, and others, which were settled out of court.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015