The City of Austin Economic Growth and Redevelopment Services Office, Cultural Arts Division (EGRSO-CAD?) handed out its annual Partners in the Arts Awards last week, recognizing the unsung cowboys of the Austin cultural trail. The 2012 Recipients were the African American Resource Advisory Commission – for their assistance with community outreach efforts related to the Art in Public Places project for the new African American Culture & Heritage Facility; Paul Boudreaux – for his volunteer service on the Arts Commission Guidelines Working Group as a representative of the hospitality industry; Joe Leyva – for his integral role in the annual People’s Gallery exhibition as the former facilities coordinator at City Hall; Gloria Mata Pennington –for her years of service as a member and former Chair of the Arts Commission; Lynn Osgood – for her years of service as a member of the Art in Public Places Panel; and Claudette Godfrey and Jarod Neece, SXSW Community Screenings – for their assistance with the Faces of Austin short film program.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015