Houston’s Aurora Picture Show is looking for submissions for its “Open Screen Night,” a new quarterly event featuring experimental media projects and other screening events that are unlikely to find a home elsewhere. Specifically, they’re soliciting rough cuts, the products of youth media workshops, and artist projects, but are open to anything that fits the Aurora mission to support “non-commercial artist made film and video that expand the cinematic experience.” No feature-length narrative films! Deadline is ongoing.
In other Aurora news, Sarah Stauder has been named as the org’s new Executive Director. An official wlcome party has been set for October 30 from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm at Aurora Picture Show. Members of the public are invited, but RSVPs are kindly requested at email@example.com.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015