The juiciest art-related headlines are about everything but art: this week professional conservators shame amateur art restoration in the Art Newspaper in the wake of the “Beast Jesus ” phenomenon, Vanity Fair lavished thousands of words on Wolfgang Beltracchi, a romatic German art forger, and the NY Times reported on an important theft from the Kunsthal Museum in Rotterdam.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015