Loading dock doors open this morning at 8am at Houston’s George R. Brown Convention Center to admit the soon-to-be-fevered installation crews for the second Texas Contemporary Art Fair. In addition to the 65 galleries participating, the installation work includes upholstered decoys by Ann Wood, a kinetic forest by Jules Buck Jones, an interactive photo booth sponsored by Houston Center for Photography, roadside attractions by Okay Mountain Collective, segregated water fountains by Travis Somerville, oil filled pyramids by Agnes Denes, and the epic Glasstire Beach Bar, complete with live alligator*
*subject to convention center approval. Alligator may be substituted for attraction of equal or lesser value without notice. Alligator present at Thursday night CAMH benefit preview only. View at your own risk.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015