The San Antonio Office of Cultural Affairs is now the Department for Culture and Creative Development, effective October 1. The new name comes with some real expansion: the department now includes the San Antonio Film Commission and the management of Market Square, La Villita, and Spanish Governor’s Palace.
The new DCCD announced their new name in this month’s newsletter, which goes on to mention that they have named filmmaker Robin Nations (whose film Champion recently received the San Antonio Film Commission’s first local filmmakers grant) as “creative of the month.” The busy cultural and the also put out a video newsletter, this month featuring Artists Vincent Valdez and the Más Rudas Collective:
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015