According to the official press release, the second annual Houston Fine Art Fair (HFAF) exceeded its organizer’s expectations: “12,000 attended, millions of dollars changed hands. Over 2,000 works, from 500 respected artists, were offered from 80 galleries representing 12 countries and 34 cities.”
Despite more mixed, and less fact-filled anecdotes about the fair’s performance from visitors and participating galleries, everyone liked the wider aisles and 12-foot high walls.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015