Filmed in 1968 in La Jolla California, Andy Warhol’s previously unfinished film San Diego Surf will be released by the Andy Warhol Museum. The movie was shot on 16 mm film by Paul Morrissey and Andy Warhol, and features Superstars Viva, Taylor Mead, Louis Waldon, Joe Dallesandro, Tom Hompertz, Ingrid Superstar, and Eric Emerson, plus Nawana Davis and others. In 1995-96, the Andy Warhol Foundation commissioned Morrissey, under the supervision of Foundation curator Dara Meyers-Kingsley, to complete the editing, based on existing notes and the rough cut. The premiere of the new old film will take place at the The Museum of Modern Art as part of To Save and Project: The Eleventh MoMA International Festival of Film Preservation on October 16.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015