The 25th annual Dallas Video Fest at the DMA begins on September 26, and among the flashier projects commemorating the anniversary is at the Omni Hotel, whose exterior LED lighting will be commandeered by artists as an illuminated canvas, with simulcast soundtracks on KXT public radio.
The project to use the hotel as a giant screen was instigated by arts activist Jeff West, who passed away in May, and has been carried through by Dallas video artist Carolyn Sortor, who, with her husband, Ben Barnes Britt, is working on bridging the gap between visual artists invited to contribute programming for the Omni’s big display and the lighting systems technical requirements. See how it turns out on September 26!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015