Coldspring, a tiny town north of Houston wedged between the Sam Houston National Forest and Lake Livingston, has a new art league. The new Coldspring Area Art League was masternminded by gallery owner John C. Davis, of Chelten’s Photo Gallery, who said “I envision Coldspring as an established art district in much the same way other small communities have become well-known art areas that are big on art while maintaining a small town environment.”
The League will offer art lessons, art workshops, summer art camps, host art shows and participate in community and charitable events. In addition, the gallery will host a featured artist each month in the gallery’s coffee/juice bar. The gallery plans to open in mid-October at 201 Hwy 150, Suite 1 in Coldspring. Artists and crafters can contact Davis 936-653-8300 or 936-520-7486 for more information about joining CAAL and the art gallery.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015