Max Fishko of artMRKT, organizers of the upcoming Texas Contemporary Art Fair in Houston has announced a new award component aimed at showcasing “national and international artists who are navigating new and innovative directions in contemporary art.” Galleries participating in the October fair will each be able to submit one artist for consideration by LACMA’s Chief Curator of Contemporary Art, Franklin Sirmans and CAMH Director, Bill Arning for the prize. Submissions will be reviewed during the fair on Friday, October 19, and the award recipient will be announced at 4pm on Saturday, October 20. The winner will receive a cash prize of $10,000 and will be invited to participate in a public conversation with Bill Arning at the CAMH.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015