An eloquent decoder (and sometime debunker) of art, Hughes churned out acres of beautiful, thoughtful and jargon-free art criticism for The Sunday Times (London), and Time Magazine. In 1980 he wrote and starred in the influential BBC TV series Shock of the New; his books include Nothing if Not Critical, (1991) a collection of essays, and The Fatal Shore (1987) a social history of his native Australia.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015