An eloquent decoder (and sometime debunker) of art, Hughes churned out acres of beautiful, thoughtful and jargon-free art criticism for The Sunday Times (London), and Time Magazine. In 1980 he wrote and starred in the influential BBC TV series Shock of the New; his books include Nothing if Not Critical, (1991) a collection of essays, and The Fatal Shore (1987) a social history of his native Australia.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015