Delicia Harvey, Executive Director of Houston’s Aurora Picture Show is stepping down to take up a new role as Owner/Producer in partnership with her husband’s film and video production business, Carrithers Studio. Aurora Associate Director Rachel Blackney will take over as Interim Director as the org’s board begins a search for a new head.
During Harvey’s tenure, Aurora has expanded and moved into a new permanent home, surviving a dicey period of wandering after Founder Andrea Grover disassociated herself and her building on Aurora Street from the popular microcinema.
For more information on the Executive Director position, check out the Opportunities section of the Aurora website
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015