The artist Christo appeared in Cañon City, Colorado last week to announce the indefinite postponement of his controversial Over the River project, until lawsuits to stop the proposed artwork are resolved. Meanwhile, the Colosseum in Rome will get a some TLC; it’s cracked in half, and one side, 16 inches lower then the other, is leaning. It will be straightened in a project funded by Italian billionaire Diego Della Valle.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015