The artist Christo appeared in Cañon City, Colorado last week to announce the indefinite postponement of his controversial Over the River project, until lawsuits to stop the proposed artwork are resolved. Meanwhile, the Colosseum in Rome will get a some TLC; it’s cracked in half, and one side, 16 inches lower then the other, is leaning. It will be straightened in a project funded by Italian billionaire Diego Della Valle.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015