Noting the “almost half dozen features” published in the NY Times about Marfa in the past three years, NPR‘s Neda Ulaby joins the scrum, outlining the tiny town’s makeover as an art mecca. Always even-handed, the piece contrasts the undeniable economic benefits to the local economy with muted naysaying from old-time townies and a “What Would Judd Say?” opinion from Tim Johnson of the Marfa Book Co.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015