Noting the “almost half dozen features” published in the NY Times about Marfa in the past three years, NPR‘s Neda Ulaby joins the scrum, outlining the tiny town’s makeover as an art mecca. Always even-handed, the piece contrasts the undeniable economic benefits to the local economy with muted naysaying from old-time townies and a “What Would Judd Say?” opinion from Tim Johnson of the Marfa Book Co.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015