Four San Antonio artists will be chosen by a jury of art professionals (TBA) to work at the Künstlerhaus Bethanien in Berlin for three-month residencies between July 2013 and June of 2014. It’s part of the Künstlerhaus’ program aimed at promoting international dialog, and is sponsored by Blue Star, the City of San Antonio Office of Cultural Affairs, UTSA, and private sponsors including SA philanthropist and real estate man Guillermo Nicolas. Blue Star has been invited to participate thanks to the liaising efforts of Dr. Angelika Jansen-Brown. Interested? email Allison@bluestarart.org for details and apply by November 1.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015