Austin’s funky college-town ambiance will be shattered by the (distant) screams of Formula One racing in November. 300,000 visitors are expected for the US Grand Prix on the weekend of Nov 16-18 at at Circuit of the Americas, still under construction in Travis County. The city of Austin is helping businesses prepare with $10 workshops on August 22 and 28 at City Hall; participants will each receive a “Texas Charm, Global Appeal” window sticker. Unlike Cowboys Stadium, Formula One has not as yet announced an ambitious contemporary art program to accompany the event.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015