Austin’s funky college-town ambiance will be shattered by the (distant) screams of Formula One racing in November. 300,000 visitors are expected for the US Grand Prix on the weekend of Nov 16-18 at at Circuit of the Americas, still under construction in Travis County. The city of Austin is helping businesses prepare with $10 workshops on August 22 and 28 at City Hall; participants will each receive a “Texas Charm, Global Appeal” window sticker. Unlike Cowboys Stadium, Formula One has not as yet announced an ambitious contemporary art program to accompany the event.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015