Breaking news: this September, David Shelton will move his eponymous gallery from San Antonio to Houston. The new gallery will be located in the iconic Isabella Court building on Main Street, with neighbors Inman Gallery, Art Palace, Devin Borden and Kinzelman Art Consulting. “We are thrilled to welcome David to Houston with the opportunity to present a fresh roster of exceptionally talented artists and infuse his contagious spirit into our community,” said Julie Kinzelman. Look for Shelton to open a group show alongside his gallery neighbors, and to cover his bases by participating both in the Houston Fine Art Fair and the Texas Contemporary Fair. The recent loss of Bryan Miller Gallery was a blow to the Isabella Court strip – and Houston – but the arrival of David Shelton will help ease the pain. If only Houston could have both!
also by Rainey Knudson
- Why We Need Boring Old Textile Shows Now More Than Ever - May 21st, 2017
- Autumn Knight: Directions to Prairie View - May 8th, 2017
- Ron Hoover: Modern Business Shadows - April 2nd, 2017
- God Bless Bukowski - March 28th, 2017
- New Year: Less Internet, More People - January 10th, 2017