If you’ve driven along Allen Parkway recently, you’ve seen the piles of dirt. For the next three years, Buffalo Bayou is going to be one massive construction project, and Rice Design Alliance is holding a bayou transformation conversation with an all-star panel of planners to answer questions about it. The panel includes Buffalo Bayou Partnership Project Manager Guy Hagstette; Sandra Musgrove Director of the Harris County Flood Control District’s Infrastructure Division; Kevin Shanley, Principal of landscape architects SWA Group; and Joe Turner, Director of the Houston Parks and Recreation Department, all in one place! Moderated by RDA President Lonnie Hoogeboom, the conversation happens at the MFAH’s Brown Auditorium on July 25 at 6:30 p.m. Admission is free and it’s open to the public.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015