Ileana Selejan and Iliana Cepero, two Ph.D. candidates studying photography at oppsite end of the continent have received the Museum of Fine Arts Houston’s annual Joan and Stanford Alexander Awards, given to help support dissertation writing. Selejan, a Ph.D. candidate at New York’s Institute of Fine Arts, and Cepero, a Ph.D. candidate at Stanford University each get $5000 fellowships, selected by Anne Wilkes Tucker, MFAH curator of Photography, Yasumori Nakamori, associate curator of photography at MFAH; and Xavia Karner, chair of the University of Houston’s Sociology Department.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015