Juror Marco Antonini has waded through the 381 entries for this year’s edition of The Big Show at Lawndale Art Center, choosing the smallest number of artists and pieces in the last half-decade, according to statistically-minded artist (and former Glasstire virtual artist in residence) Brian Piana, whose handy historical chart of Big Show Participation has been updated to reflect the new stats. Judge the results at “THE Summer event in the Houston art scene”, according to Piana, when the show opens on on July 13, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015