What better use for some of that Houston Art Alliance hotel tax money than to promote one of the city’s only real claims to fame, the Houston Art Car Parade? Well, The Orange Show foundation’s got a new website devoted to the spectacle and splendor of Houston Art Car Parades, past and present. In addition to featured artists, a hall of fame for award-winning cars of years gone by, ever-present opportunities for volunteering and donations, the site includes convenient art-car related event listings, links to art car videos, and hotel packages for visitors, but it doesn’t tell you that the 2013 parade is set for May 11!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015