New York artist Ben Rubin will be back in Austin at the end of this month to tinker with his projected-video installation And That’s the Way It Is, in which lines of text from the broadcasts of Walter Cronkite’s historic news broadcasts and contemporary news sources march across the face of UT’s Jesse H. Jones Communications Building every night from disk to midnight. In addition to 11,000 more pages of Cronkite transcripts, he’ll give the piece a software update and add another video channel.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015