The Dallas Observer reports on a report that the arts generate $322 million in jobs and revenue in Dallas, according to a study by arts advocacy group Americans for the Arts, which held its national conference a few weeks ago in San Antonio. The Observer notes with implied skepticism that arts revenue is a wide wide river: including food (consumed at and after arts events?) and jobs for aerospace engineers, but that the “study’s authors are scheduled to come to Dallas in the fall to give a more detailed presentation.” Think of what the total will be when they add in the glare-correcting refit for the Museum Tower next time around!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015