The Dallas Observer reports on a report that the arts generate $322 million in jobs and revenue in Dallas, according to a study by arts advocacy group Americans for the Arts, which held its national conference a few weeks ago in San Antonio. The Observer notes with implied skepticism that arts revenue is a wide wide river: including food (consumed at and after arts events?) and jobs for aerospace engineers, but that the “study’s authors are scheduled to come to Dallas in the fall to give a more detailed presentation.” Think of what the total will be when they add in the glare-correcting refit for the Museum Tower next time around!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015