Lawndale Art Center has announced its new crop of resident artists for 1012-2013: Domokos Benczédi, Nancy Douthey and Patrick Turk will each get studio space on Lawndale’s third floor, $500 a month, and $1500 for materials. Works produced by the residents will be exhibited in May 2013.
The 2012-2013 residents were selected from over 100 applicants by a panel of three arts professionals; Dean Daderko, Curator at Contemporary Arts Museum Houston; Sharon Engelstein, Artist; and Adrienne Johnson Yost, Senior Associate at Kinzelmann Art Consulting and Lawndale Programming Committee Chair.
Houston artist/musician Domokos Benczédi has been a mainstay in the acts Future Blondes and Rusted Shut for the last 15 years.
Nancy Douthey received an MFA in Interdisciplinary Practice and Emerging Forms from University of Houston in 2010. Douthey has recently performed in the 2012 Lone Star Explosion, InsideOut, as an artist in residence at The Atlantic Center for the Arts.
Patrick Turk’s Time Travel Research Institute works were prominently featured at the inaugural Texas Contemporary Art Fair in 2011.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015