Fighting indifferent crowds, hot sun, and $7 beer, intrepid blogger and conoisseur of low-budget public art Robert Boyd checks out the art components of Free Press Summer Fest on his blog, establishing that “the best pieces of art at Summer Fest should be highly visible, they should be big, they should be in the way, and they should be interactive,” nevertheless giving the prize for best piece to Henry Moore’s Large Spindle Piece, fenced and forlorn, amid the hubbub.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015