Fighting indifferent crowds, hot sun, and $7 beer, intrepid blogger and conoisseur of low-budget public art Robert Boyd checks out the art components of Free Press Summer Fest on his blog, establishing that “the best pieces of art at Summer Fest should be highly visible, they should be big, they should be in the way, and they should be interactive,” nevertheless giving the prize for best piece to Henry Moore’s Large Spindle Piece, fenced and forlorn, amid the hubbub.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015