Houston artist Emily Sloan is taking her Southern Naptist Convention on the road to Venice CA next weekend. Sloan, also noted for being the curator of The Kenmore, and “exhibition object” that encloses artistic expressions inside a working mini-fridge, held her original napping performance at the Houston Art League in 2010; the first Southern Naptist Convention was held at Houston’s 14 Pews last June, Sloan has been holding monthly napping-as-art events ever since.
“Southern California’s and specifically Venice’s abundance of muscle, sand, and proximity to water make it a perfect site for sharing healthful and relaxing blessed rest and immersion if needed,” according to Reverend Emily.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015