On May 30, Artpace’s Semester Program and Washington Irving Academy will unveil “Photoality,” a 12×8 foot mural made by 8th grade students in collaboration with San Antonio artist Mari Hernandez.
Artpace’s Semester Program places a local artist “in residence” in schools to mentor students and help them create public artwork for their campus. This spring, Hernandez led discussions of photography and social issues, and taught students how to build their own film cameras. The dedication ceremony happens on Wednesday, May 30 from 4-4:30pm in the main hall and cafeteria on the campus of Washington Irving Academy, 1300 Delgado Street, San Antonio.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015