Dozens of Texas museums will offer free admission to active duty military personnel and their families this summer as part of the Blue star Museums Program. Organized by the National Endowment for the arts in collaboration with Blue Star Families, a charity that highlights the challenges military families face. This is the program’s third year, with more than 1500 participating institutions nationwide. The free admission deal runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day, May 25 – September 3.
Participating art venues in Texas include the Dallas Museum of Art, The Blanton Museum, Mexic-Arte Museum, Art Museum of South Texas, Dallas Museum of Art, El Paso Museum of Art, Amon Carter Museum of American Art, Kimbell Art Museum, Modern Art Museum of Fort Wort, Contemporary Arts Museum Houston, The Menil Collection (free anyway!), The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, the McNay Art Museum, and the San Antonio Museum of Art, among other. The full list (includung the many non-art venues) is on the Blue Star Museums Texas page.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015