Jeff West, ubiquitous Dallas Arts consultant and advocate, has died suddenly at age 54. West served as Executive Director of the Shakespeare Festival of Dallas, Managing Director of the Dallas Theater Center and was the Executive Director of The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza from 1994-2004.
In addition to his ongoing jobs, West worked as consultant for many cultural nonprofits, he developed a comprehensive marketing action plan for Fair Park, did strategic planning for the Old Trinity Trail. He also consulted on the Trammell & Margaret Crow Museum of Asian Art; the Origins of the Southwest Museum; the Dallas Architectural Forum; the National Endowment of the Humanities and the Texas Commission on the Arts. West taught the popular inter-disciplinary undergraduate course entitled Mythologizing Kennedy at UTD from 2001-2004.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015