Our Town Southeast Houston, a project of the UH and the National Endowment for the Arts is inviting residents to make their diverse community a more interesting, healthier, and prosperous place” by participating in FOOD|FAMILY|FUN today Saturday, May 19 from 9am-2pm at the resurgent Palm Center at 5330 Griggs Road, one of the earliest shopping centers in America. Visitors are supposed to bring a family heirloom: a family photo, handicraft, favorite recipe, etc. to show off.
The event is part of an NEA Our Town grant initiative spearheded by Carroll Parrott Blue, whose interactive multimedia works include the Third Ward Story Mapping Project. NEA Our Town grants support “creative placemaking projects that contribute toward the livability of communities and help transform them into lively, beautiful, and sustainable places with the arts at their core.”
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015