The Grady Spikes Memorial Tiger, a 13-foot bronze cat in front of Conroe High School in the north of Houston suburb was painted a brilliant blue overnight in what is thought to be a prank (professionals would have stolen the tiger for the valuable bronze?). Conroe ISD Police are investigating and hope to have suspects in custody soon. Pending cleanup, the tiger has been swathed in a packing blanket to prevent its blueness from corrupting the youth.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015