Cindy Graff Cohen is the new arts and culture columnist for El Paso Inc., writes Wendy White Polk, editor of the local news and lifestyle paper. Cohen, who began writing about the arts in 1982 for Horizon, spent four years traveling the country for Antique Monthly and a decade or so editing textbooks.
Arts columnist in El Paso is at best a part time job, but with degrees in English and industrial patternmaking, Cohen displays the versatility to eke out a niche in the desert of hinterland art journalism: her most recent contribution is a feature about dressage, or “horse ballet.” She’s also runs Noche Nightwear, a business to “produce and market sophisticated pajamas, nightgowns, robes and bed jackets for discerning women over 40.” Cohen replaces longtime columnist Betty Ligon, who, “finally decided that, having reached 90 years of age, she should slow down a bit,” according to Polk.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015