Rhode Island glass artist Paul Housberg has just put the finishing touches on a large glass-tile mosaic in Houston’s Chase Center. The big blue wall, comissioned by architect Ken Harry and Hines Development, immediately became the center of no controversy. Houseberg’s low-impact works fill hotels, corporate offices, healthcare facilities and civic buildings across the country, including another small piece in the elevator area at Three Sugar Creek Center, in Sugarland, TX. For spice, Housberg has posted a time lapse video of the piece’s installation on youtube, complete with the replacement of the corporate lobby furniture!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015