Who paid $119 million for Edvard Munch’s The Scream at auction at Sotheby’s yesterday? The Daily Beast has run a long, content free-speculation discussing various evidence-free theories. Lacking “even crumbs” of information from the auction house, everyone is now free to guess without restraint. It was the most expensive piece of art ever sold at auction,and the mystery buyer doesn’t eve get rights to all the zillions of T-shirs, mugs, and inflatable dolls!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015