The Judd Foundation has received a $300,000 grant from the Brown Foundation for repairs to Donald Judd’s Architecture Office building in Marfa. The foundation planning to restore all its desert-worn Texas properties, some of which can be seen at next weekend’s Chinati Community day on April 29.
The foundation’s ongiong project to renovate Judd’s Soho studio building is proceeding; the fantastical finicky details are documented in an entertaining (for restoration geeks) image blog on the Judd foundation’s website. My favorite is the tag for the “Pricetag ‘Kenya Masai Spear $85’ with orange splotch” from drafting drawer two, on the building’s third floor (catalog # 3.000.19.140).
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015