The Judd Foundation has received a $300,000 grant from the Brown Foundation for repairs to Donald Judd’s Architecture Office building in Marfa. The foundation planning to restore all its desert-worn Texas properties, some of which can be seen at next weekend’s Chinati Community day on April 29.
The foundation’s ongiong project to renovate Judd’s Soho studio building is proceeding; the fantastical finicky details are documented in an entertaining (for restoration geeks) image blog on the Judd foundation’s website. My favorite is the tag for the “Pricetag ‘Kenya Masai Spear $85’ with orange splotch” from drafting drawer two, on the building’s third floor (catalog # 3.000.19.140).
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015