The City of San Antonio is looking for a team of artists/designers/administrators to work out a public art plan for the proposed re-development of HemisFair Park. The team is supposed to create a plan that includes permanent artworks, preserves existing HemisFair-era installations, and plan for “temporal art strategies” and events. Feeling up to it? The submittal deadline is May 8, but there’s a pre-submittal question and answer session this afternoon at 4:30 at PASA (Public Art San Antonio) 400 S. St. Mary’s St.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015