Barry Walker, former curator of Modern and Contemporary Art and curator of Prints and Drawings at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston died earlier this week after an accident. Hired by legendary Director Peter Marzio in 1991 to launch the MFAH’s department of prints and drawings, Walker retired in 2011 after Marzio’s death to pursue independent curatorial and writing projects. He was instrumental in acquiring the Peter Blum Edition Archive for the MFAH, and organizing the 2006 blockbuster exhibition Singular Multiples: The Peter Blum Edition Archive, 1980-1994. In 2010 he co-curated Alice Neel: Painted Truths at the MFAH.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015