The new Spring/Summer 2012 edition of Aether, a semiannual e-magazine put out by a collaboration between Rachel Haggerty of Wally Workman Gallery, Amanda Gorence of REP Art + Photo Consultants, Judith Taylor of Gallery Shoal Creek in Austin, is out. A little less than disinterested journalism, the magazine includes profiles of Workman gallery artist Ellen Heck, and Rene Alvarado, who has an upcoming show at Shoal Creek, but weighing in at a hefty 67 (virtual) pages, there’s plenty of room for articles on Laguna Gloria, storied low budget art collectors Herb and Wendy Vogel, art-centric travelogues to San Angelo and Pakistan, and reviews. It’s well designed, informative and it’s free, so who’s crying? When is the last time you saw a full-length profile of an artist working in San Angelo, TX in ArtForum?
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015