God, the air conditioning bills!
So much space, so little building!
When will the glass houses go away?
Really. We, as a society, have got to start say NO to this type of wasteful, self-aggrandizing, boondoggle.
Think of it: In the drawings, do you see one gallery, theater, bookshop, cafe, video lounge? The spaces where people experience art are the last thing on the architects’ minds. It’s all about looking impressive: full of light and air and busy people wandering the gigantic, empty atrium looking for some art.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015