Nancy Cone Hanley, 74, died on April 3 of complication from an illness. Transplanted to Dallas in 1972 with her husband Tim (who survives her) Nancy was intimately involved with the Dallas art scene both as a patron of the arts and as an artist. She served on the Boards of the McKinney Avenue Contemporary (MAC), the Arlington Museum of Art, and the Dallas Visual Arts Center (DVAC), which through her years of steadfast and substantial support she helped transform into the Dallas Contemporary where she served as an honorary board member until her death. Nancy also served on the Collections Committee of the Dallas Museum of Art. Her life will be celebrated at Dallas Contemporary, 161 Glass Street, Dallas, on April 7 at 4 p.m.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015