Philanthropist Isabel Brown Wilson passed away on Tuesday, March 27 at the age of 80. Daughter of Houston entrepreneur George R. Brown and Alice Pratt Brown, she served on the boards of the Brown Foundation and the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. She was a patron of Rice University, and donated $14 million towards a new art building at her alma mater, Smith College in Northampton, MA. A memorial will be held at 1 p.m. on Friday, March 30 at The Church of St. John the Divine, 2450 River Oaks Boulevard in Houston.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015