Art on the Green is an outdoor art installation brought to life by curator Andrea Mellard at AMOA-Arthouse’s Laguna Gloria. Austin artists, architects, and landscape architects were invited to design and create the nine miniature golf holes that can be found all over the Laguna Gloria grounds, the tenth by artist Brad Tucker is mysteriously located downtown at the Jones Center. With a wide range of artists and collectives the resulting course is a diverse mix of humor and smart design.
I encourage going tonight, Wednesday March 28th, if you can as you’ll be lead through the interactive exhibition by Mercer Graduate Curatorial Intern Kimberli Gant. The talk starts at 6pm on the Laguna Gloria grounds and is free to the public.
Art on the Green runs March 9- May 20, 2012. For more info on times and fees click: here.
also by Margaret Meehan
- People in Your Neighborhood: Karen Weiner - May 10th, 2013
- Similar But Different #30: Art As Digestion - March 14th, 2013
- Yayoi Kusama: Princess of the Polka Dots - July 19th, 2012
- Seventeen Hundred Seeds: Cultivating Community As Art - June 2nd, 2012
- Similar but Different #29: The Rainbow Connection - May 23rd, 2012