120 artists participating in Fotofest’s meeting place portfolio reviews will congregate at the Doubletree Hotel Downtown Houston this evening to meet (and sell a few prints to) the general public. Help them make their plane fare, have a drink, get a book signed, or just check out how many ways there are to wear black in a non-funerary context. A curatorial dialog begins at 4pm, with a special showing of Russian portfolios from 6-7pm, and artist book signings from 7-9pm; an all these programs are free! Two more Fotofest Evenings with the Artists are scheduled for Wednesday, March 28 and Monday, April 2.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015