This Saturday, a 5-hour marathon of improvised music will fill complement Dan Flavin’s sideshow lighting at the Menil’s Richmond Hall. Eighteen graduates of the Nameless Sound creative music education program will perform back to back, with attendees free to wander in and out of the free event from 2:30-7:30. At 8pm, the concert moves next door to the Menil Collection’s Mandell Pavilion for the space’s premiere event, a performance of “4 Meditations for Orchestra,” by Pauline Oliveros, whose Deep Listening aesthetic informed and inspired Dave dove to found Nameless Sound organization in 2001.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015